When you organise an international convention in the City or the Province of Groningen, the participants of your convention are offered a welcome reception or welcome drink on behalf of the University of Groningen, the City of Groningen and the Province of Groningen. In other words on behalf of the joint hostmanship. This welcome reception is organised by the GCB on behalf of the joint hostmanship.
During this reception the international group of convention guests will be addressed by a high official of one of
the hosts. This part of an international convention is enormously appreciated by the participants.
This welcome reception takes place at either the University of Groningen, the Provincial Government Building of the City Hall of Groningen. There are also options to organise the reception at a commercial location. Such however against payment. In all cases and after agreement by all parties involved a reception for a maximum of 500 participants will be compensated. Before the event you as a convention organiser will receive the beautifully completed digital invitations for your international participants.
In order to be considered for a reception the following criteria should be taken into account:
- * the convention participants originate from the scientific- or the business world
- * the convention initiator and the convention participants are not students
- * at least 50% of the convention participants originates from outside the Province of Groningen
- * at least 40% of the convention participants originates from abroad
- * the convention participants take part in a multi-day convention of at least 1 night and 2 days
- * the minimum number of convention participants is 40 (max. 500)
- * the topic of the convention cannot be in conflict with the interests of the parties of the joint hostmanship.
- * the request should be submitted at least 3 months before the conference
For more information and for requests please contact the Groningen Congres Bureau.